In addition to the school-wide discipline code, the Grade 6 team employs a system to encourage students to think more responsibly about their behaviors. By using this system, we are encouraging students to take responsibility for their actions and to reflect upon their behavior.
We use a system based on mutual respect. At all times, you are expected to:
- Show respect.
- Follow classroom rules.
- Display non-disruptive behavior.
- Respect school property.
- Respect your classmates’ property.
- Be prepared for class with materials and homework.
- Follow directions and do what is asked of you.
- Do your best and have fun!
If there are minor problems, this is the procedure we follow:
- You will be given a verbal warning as a cue to change the behavior.
- If the problem persists, you will be given a recess detention. During the recess detention, you will write a letter home explaining the reason for the detention. This letter must be signed by a parent or guardian and returned to the teacher the next day.
- Continuing discipline problems will result in the use of the BMS minor/major system.
If a student does not complete a homework assignment, please see our Homework Policy for more information.